KEY ABORIGINAL ORGANISATIONS
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit First Peoples - State Relations' interactive map and search the Local Government Area name (e.g. LGA: Ballarat) or a street address. You can also refer to First Peoples - State Relations' Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
37 High Street Broadford. Victoria 3658
Phone: (03) 5784 1433
56 B Wyndham Street, Shepparton 3630
Ph: (03) 5832 0206
(includes Aboriginal organisations)
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
KEY DOCUMENTS / LINKS
The Strathbogie Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal flag permanently on all council buildings
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Provides local government candidate information to Aboriginal people
- Displays Aboriginal artworks in Council premises and in public places
- Commissions artworks or performances
- Supports local artists or performers
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council Strategic documents
- Include Aboriginal content in whole of community events;
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Is involved in local Aboriginal tourism