KEY ABORIGINAL ORGANISATIONS
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit First Peoples - State Relations' interactive map and search the Local Government Area name (e.g. LGA: Ballarat) or a street address. You can also refer to First Peoples - State Relations' Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Ph: (03) 5832 0222
120 Madden Ave. PO Box 5134 Mildura VIC 3502.
Ph: (03) 5018 4100
Fax: (03) 5023 7852
Swan Hill Office
70 Nyah Road Swan Hill
Ph: (03) 5032 8600
9 Nolan Street Kerang
Ph: (03) 5450 3019
Lot 1 McLennan Drive Robinvale
Ph: (03) 5026 1848
Local Aboriginal Network (LAN) Broker | Loddon Mallee
(includes Aboriginal organisations)
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
KEY DOCUMENTS / LINKS
The Shire of Gannawarra reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal flag on special occasions
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Arranges Welcome to Country
- Provides candidate information to Aboriginal people
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Engages with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Networks
- Has an Aboriginal Advisory Committee or similar structure
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council strategic documents
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites.
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Library has First Peoples specific programs
- Works with local agencies to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people
- Supports local Frist Peoples economic development
- Procures goods and services from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses
- Is involved in local First Peoples tourism