KEY ABORIGINAL ORGANISATIONS
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit First Peoples - State Relations' interactive map and search the Local Government Area name (e.g. LGA: Ballarat) or a street address. You can also refer to First Peoples - State Relations' Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Level 1, Providence Building, Abbotsford Convent
1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford
Phone: (03) 9416 2905
Parkview Ave, Brunswick East VIC 3057
Phone: (03) 9383 4244
Fax: (03) 9384 1532
33 Saxon St Brunswick, 3056
Phone: (03) 9384 6820
(includes Aboriginal organisations)
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
KEY DOCUMENTS / LINKS
Moreland City Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies both flags permanently above the Town Hall
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Engages with local Aboriginal organisations
- Employs Aboriginal staff
- Encourages employment of Aboriginal people
- Provides cross cultural awareness training to staff and/or Councillors
- Includes Indigenous specific commitments in Council strategic documents
- Has a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific funding
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has worked with RAP to protect local significant sites.
- Has worked with RAP to build greater community awareness.
- Library has Indigenous specific programs
- Has Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific HACC services
- Runs Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific youth programs
- Works with local agencies to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people
- Procures goods and services from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses
- Is involved in local Indigenous tourism