KEY ABORIGINAL ORGANISATIONS
For information about formally Recognised Traditional Owners visit First Peoples - State Relations' interactive map and search the Local Government Area name (e.g. LGA: Ballarat) or a street address. You can also refer to First Peoples - State Relations' Welcomes and Acknowledgements Protocol.
Local Aboriginal Network (LAN) Broker | Southern Metro
(includes Aboriginal organisations)
Please note that the information contained within the Aboriginal Community Profile was gathered in 2014. It is now out of date. A refresh of this data is currently being undertaken and the updated results will be available soon.
KEY DOCUMENTS / LINKS
Bayside City Council reported the following good practices in their response to the 2012 Victorian Local Government Aboriginal Engagement and Reconciliation Survey and subsequent updates.
- Flies the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags on special occasions
- Engages with Traditional Owners
- Acknowledges Country
- Uses Aboriginal language to name projects or places
- Engages with Local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Networks
- Has a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Provides support for Aboriginal arts and culture
- Has a documented Aboriginal history of the municipality
- Has facilitated use of Aboriginal language to name sites
- Supports or organises events that celebrate Aboriginal culture